Local business marketing is huge if you own a local business that relies on local customers, then you have great online tools to promote your local business website. However, you have to know how the potential customers will search to find your business. This will help you make better use of a tools to attract more local customers to your website. Therefore, it important that you understand what SEO Search Engine Optimization means and how that can benefit your Google places your website and local business marketing.
Local search has gained a lot of popularity recently. Major search engines have started giving more importance to local search than they ever did before. Google announced that 20% search volume was for local searched back in March so imagine how much more it is today and it is only going to increase in the future. This means that you need to start at the earliest by grabbing the opportunity of bring local customers to your website using the search engines especially Google. To achieve that, you need to optimize your website and understand what is the most effective way to do local business marketing.
Some of the things that you can do to optimize your website for local searched are given below. Try these and you will see the results yourself. Just do not forget to keep an eye on your website traffic before and after implementing these methods.
- Try to publish your local business website to a local domain. This will not only tell the search engines to index it for local business, it will automatically make it available for any search terms containing your local prefixes.
- Tagging should be geo-specific. Try to add places, zip codes and location to your meta tags and description. This will certainly help the things and search engines will send more local searchers to your website.
- On every page, include your local address, phone number and other information . Few webmasters create a graphic for that and place it on every page. Remember, text is a better way to get your information indexed quickly graphic can’t be read by Google..
- You should also optimize the images on your website. Add location in the description whenever possible. For example, if your website is about a local computer hardware store and you have images on the website, then add your location when naming the image . You can do something like ‘Miami Dentist’ to make it more local in nature. Especially if that is the keyword you want to rank for.
- Finally and most importantly, submit your website to all the local search engine directories such as Google Places and Yahoo Local, Bing Local and others which serve your area. Do a search on Google for local directories and submit your business in each one of them.
We hope this information has given you a start in what you should be doing for your local business marketing plan. If you want more information feel free to come back to this blog because we keep adding valuable information regularly.
If this sounds to complicated and you want to discuss your options before you do any local business marketing gives us a call for a no obligation ever! Free consultation! 908-319-0572
Related posts:autoblogging software.